Grog Speaks

Miscellaneous ramblings by an amused observer of life in our times. I'm not certain anyone reads this, and I think I prefer it that way.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Some people just can't reverse course

I just took a short trip to the bank to deposit a check. About a block away from the bank I nearly ran into the back of some guy because he stopped suddenly and his brake lights didn't work. I was annoyed, but remained controlled about it. I thought I saw him turn around in his seat but couldn't tell why.

As it turned out, he pulled into my bank's drive up window and I pulled up in the next lane alongside of him. I rolled down my window and informed him, without anger but probably with evidence of my annoyance, that his brake lights were out. He launched into some tirade about my sharing the road. I didn't catch it all because of the distance, but reiterated that his brake lights were not working. He said they'd just been checked and they were okay. I remained calm and told him I just looked and they weren't okay and that he should get them checked again. He just got angrier and angrier. I had to roll up my window to avoid getting riled myself. Fortunately he finished his transaction before I did and drove off.

This guy got off to a bad start apparently when he thought I had nearly hit his car. When I told him that his brake lights weren't working he couldn't stop and think that maybe he was at fault. He had to stay the course. He must have been a Republican.

I wonder what he'll do when the evidence, maybe a real accident or a traffic citation, is overwhelming. He'll probably blame Clinton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home