Grog Speaks

Miscellaneous ramblings by an amused observer of life in our times. I'm not certain anyone reads this, and I think I prefer it that way.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Thanks a bunch, Steve Irwin

Speaking for 5 year old boys all over the world, as well as their older brethren, and some of their sisters as well, I'd like to thank Steve Irwin for screwing things up royally.

First, I'd like to say that I acknowledge that to his family and fans his death from that sting ray barb was a great tragedy. From what I've seen of him he was a very amusing bloke, and I probably would have enjoyed hanging out with him.

But did he have to go and die doing that dangerous stuff? Now every mother on the planet has a new favorite poster boy for danger. I can hear them already: "If you keep doing those (insert your favorite risky activity) stunts, you're going to end up like that Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin. Dead! And you won't be getting a big state funeral."

Thanks, Steve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home