Grog Speaks

Miscellaneous ramblings by an amused observer of life in our times. I'm not certain anyone reads this, and I think I prefer it that way.

Monday, September 18, 2006

Supersize my snack, please

I rarely, rarely go to McDonalds. I think their food is mostly trash, but I have noticed their recent ads for the Snack Wrap, which is apparently a piece of chicken in a tortilla wrap. It sounded somewhat appealing, so I figured that someday I'd try it out.

That someday happened yesterday. I pulled into the drive-in service line. When the voice from the box asked for my order I said I wanted the Snack Wrap only. When I saw the order appear on the screen I said thanks and pulled forward to pick it up. While waiting for my turn to pick up, I noticed the woman in the car behind me speaking to the box and pointing toward my car. I wondered what that was about. Had I not followed procedure?

When I got to the pick-up window, the woman was concerned that she hadn't gotten my entire order. I said all I wanted was the snack wrap, thank you very much, and she seemed perplexed. "Are you sure?" she said. Yes, I assured her. I paid my $1.37 and took my snack wrap, which of course had too much mayo on it, as does all fast food.

I guess McDs isn't expecting you to snack on a snack wrap. You should want a basket of fries and a bucket of Coke to go with it.

I think I'll go back to my old practice of staying away from McDonalds.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger thimblescratch said…

    Hey, it's not mayo... it's ranch. And you're SUPPOSED to pronounce it 'sna-CRAP' ... at least that's what I do :o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home