Grog Speaks

Miscellaneous ramblings by an amused observer of life in our times. I'm not certain anyone reads this, and I think I prefer it that way.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Fat old winos

Finally the kind of health news I can embrace. It seems that fat mice live as long and as well as skinny (normal) mice if they consume prodigious quantities of a particular compound found only in red wine. Since I can sometimes consume pretty prodigious quantities of red wine myself, and I am not svelte by any stretch, I was beginning to think that I might indeed live a long and happy life.

Unfortunately, a careful read of the study findings uncovered that these fat rats were given the equivalent of (for me) 2300-4700 bottles of wine daily. Even I would struggle with that much. Even with the cheap wine that I drink, that would be a major financial challenge as well. I think it would be cheaper to go with a full body transplant every 20 years or so.

I have a feeling that the relatively miniscule amount that I consume isn't improving my longevity very much, so I will abandon my plan to double my consumption. But I will continue to thumb my nose at white wine drinkers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home