Grog Speaks

Miscellaneous ramblings by an amused observer of life in our times. I'm not certain anyone reads this, and I think I prefer it that way.

Sunday, March 06, 2011

Rowing progress

I've increased my distance to 1.3 miles, but I'm not out as often as I was at first. I have developed a little tendonitis in my right elbow that takes about 3 days to return to close to normal between rows. I saw my doctor last week and she gave me a shot of cotisone and said it should take care of it (it didn't change much).

On the plus side, my cholesterol wasn't that bad (230). The blood was taken before I got the Heritage, so I have to give my kayaking most of the credit. I certainly haven't been all that good with my diet. I think it will get even better from the rowing which is far more aerobic than kayaking ever was, at least the way I did it. My wife does say I look a bit leaner already. Lean is not a term that truly applies to me, but leaner is leaner, and I'll take all the encouragement I can get.

My boat now needs some repair. Back when I got all the water in it from the missing cork, I apparently damaged the keel hauling it back onto the dock with all that extra weight in it. The fiberglass is cracked on either side of the center of the keel. It lets a little water in now, but the double wall construction keeps it from getting too serious. I think it will continue to get worse until I get it repaired, but I don't want to take it out of service yet. I have a guy who can probably fix it pretty quickly and cheaply, but it will have to wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home