Grog Speaks

Miscellaneous ramblings by an amused observer of life in our times. I'm not certain anyone reads this, and I think I prefer it that way.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

5 Minute Break - Hurricane forecast update

As a Florida resident, hurricanes are a very real threat. Today, the NOAA, some government weather agency, issued a prediction of an "active" storm season. Oooh! Run for cover! Frankly, these guys are going to predict active storm seasons for the next dozen years, just so they don't get caught off guard again. Of course, last year they predicted an active storm season and we got one puny tropical depression passing over Florida, and it turned into what could best be called a windy day. It hardly even rained. So, now that we're getting another prediction of an active storm season, I suspect my reaction is similar to that of most Floridians: Show me the radar. If it's not on radar, it's not a problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home